|Technology and Innovation in Ophthalmology|
|Asociatted with "Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Fundación Jimenez Díaz"|
|Staff from Fundación Jiménez Díaz:
I. Jiménez-Alfaro Morote
N. Alejandre Alba
S. Durán Poveda
|Staff from IO:
S. Marcos Celestino
S. Barbero Briones
C. Dorronsoro Díaz
|General aims of the Associated Unit|
(1) Support the transfer to the clinical community of custom technology for diagnostics, understanding and evaluation of ocular disease and treatment.
(2) Facilitate the access to problems of clinical interest, treatments and surgical procedures, patients and animal models.
(3) Share "know-how" in complementary areas (optics, bioimaging, psychophysics, ophthalmology and surgery).
(4) Consolidate areas of common work, in which interdisciplinary interactions will allow to address projects of great scientific, clinical, economic and social impact.
|Projects to be developed by the Associated Unit|
(1) Evaluation of intrastromal surgery (in the context of a CENIT project and potential industrial collaborations).
(2) Evaluation and design of new solutions for the correction of presbyopia (in the context of MICINN, ERC Advanced Grant and potential industrial collaborations).
(3) Evaluation and optimization of new corneal treatments.
(4) Collaboration in surgical techniques, experimental animal models, tissue handling and experimental surgery